What I'm Reading This Week #9


I have 45 minutes until I have to leave this cafe to make it to my office in time for student hours (formerly known as office hours). My goal is to crank out a new list of articles in that time without overthinking my choices, aiming for a particular theme, or worrying about complete and uniform citations. Here goes!

First off, I need to mention Getting Things Done, which I started using over winter break. Lots of people have heard me rave about this system and it really does feel as though my to do lists are more complete and less out of control, most of the time. It took some time to set things up initially but it's worth the investment.

I've been using a GTD approach to collect articles for this blog. My method now is to quickly skim through articles that appear in my email inbox or elsewhere and forward anything that looks interesting or useful to the Blog to do list in my Todoist app (Todoist actually allows you to forward emails or save web links to specific to do lists, which is a huge timesaver). Now, to create this post, I'm skimming through that list, pulling out the articles I want to include this time around. No more searching through my email for that great article I saw two weeks ago!

Here are some GTD resources:
And some other articles that have been on my mind recently:
Time for student hours!

Comments